- Contact Us
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
How to use RefWorks
What is RefWorks?
RefWorks is a web-based bibliographic management tool (citation manager) that allows you to create a database of citations or references to resources (books, journal articles, web sites, etc.). It facilitates the insertion of citations within a research paper as in-text references, footnotes, or endnotes, and the creation of a formatted bibliography using a citation style of choice. All major citation styles are supported (e.g., APA, MLA, Chicago, etc.).
Who can use Refworks?
The University of Nicosia Library has purchased a campus-wide license for RefWorks. Any current student, staff or faculty member can access and use this web application tool without individual charge.
Why use Refworks?
Use Refworks to create properly formatted references and bibliographies in your essays and
- Download references from online databases, electronic journals and web pages
- Create a personal "folder" (library or database) of references to material that you have come across during your study and research (books details, journal articles, etc.)
- Share your folders of references with colleagues and friends
- Insert "citations" chosen from the references in your RefWorks database into a document
- Supports documents in these formats: Word for Windows or Mac, html, rich text format or text file
- Automatically format the document to the referencing style recommended by your department (APA, Chicago, Harvard, IEEE, MHRA, MLA, Physical Reviews, Vancouver, etc.)
- Use RefWorks' "Write-N-Cite" to create a correctly formatted bibliography of references at the end of the document
- Avoid being accused of plagiarism, by using RefWorks to help you reference your sources and quotes correctly
RefWorks can be accessed through a computer that is connected to the University of Nicosia network or by remote access. Access to RefWorks requires the opening of an individual account for each user.
Creating an Account
To use RefWorks you must first create an account. To create an account:
- Go to the RefWorks site using the Library website (At the Top of this Page Click here for Refworks)
- You Directed to http://www.refworks.com, then Click Login
- Click and select "Sign up for an Individual Account" Fill out the form provided. You will receive an email with the username and password you created.
- Your username and password will give you access to your RefWorks account!
For training please contact: Georgia Christodoulou (email@example.com)