Configuration Directions for iOS Devices
For remote access to the UNIC Library electronic resources*
- Open “Settings” app
- Select “Wi-Fi” and tap the network you use
- Scroll down to the “HTTP Proxy” section and tap “Manual”
- In the “Server” box type: proxy.unic.ac.cy
- In the “Port” box type: 8080
- Turn on “Authentication” and type your:
- Username: Student ID number (e.g. U000N0010) or Library User ID (for staff)
- Password: date of birth in reverse order yyyymmdd (e.g. 19870218)
- Exit the “Settings” app
Open the Library’s website www.library.unic.ac.cy and you should be able to access all the available e-resources (i.e. Library Search, Databases, E-Journals, and E-books).
When you have finished searching Library e-resources, be sure to go back to the network settings (Steps 1-2), scroll down to the HTTP Proxy section and tap “Off”.
*(Available to active UNIC users 24 hrs after registration with the Library)