Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
Configuration Directions for Android Devices
For remote access to the UNIC Library electronic resources*
- Open “Settings” app
- Select “Connections” and then “Wi-Fi”
- Tap and hold the wireless network that you use
- Select “Manage network settings” and then “Show advanced options”
- Change Proxy to “Manual”
- In the “Proxy host name” box type: proxy.unic.ac.cy
- In the “Proxy port” box type: 8080
- Select “Authenticate Server” and type your:
- Username: Student ID number (e.g. U000N0010) or Library User ID (for staff)
- Password: date of birth in reverse order yyyymmdd (e.g. 19870218).
- Tab “Save” and exit the “Settings” app
Open the Library’s website www.library.unic.ac.cy and you should be able to access all the available e-resources (i.e. Library Search, Databases, E-Journals, and E-books).
When you have finished searching Library e-resources, be sure to go back to the network settings (Steps 1-4), change Proxy to “None” and “Save” the settings.
*(Available to active UNIC users 24 hrs after registration with the Library)